|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
Board of Assessors MeetingApril 02, 2020
Meetings & Notices
Board of Assessors Meeting
Location – Assessor Office
I. Review issued building permits
II. Review abatements
III. ATB open cases
To attend the meetings telephonically enter the Meeting ID and Password below;
Meeting ID: 577 928 444
Explanatory language about the use of virtual meetings during the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, Governor Baker issued an emergency Order on March 12, 2020, allowing public bodies greater flexibility in utilizing technology in the conduct of meetings under the Open Meeting Law. The City of North Adams greatly values the participation of its citizens in the public meeting process, but given the current circumstances and recommendations at both the state and federal levels to limit or avoid public gatherings, including Governor Baker’s ban on gatherings of more than 25 people, together with the present closure of North Adams City Hall and other public buildings to the public, the City of North Adams has decided to implement the “remote participation” procedures allowed under Governor Baker’s emergency Order for all boards, committees, and commissions. This means that:
1. All or any of the members of the public body may choose to participate in a public meeting via remote access. Meetings may be virtual, in their entirety.
2. The public will not be allowed into a Board/Committee meeting, even where there are any members of the public body and/or City of North Adams staff or official(s) physically present at the meeting location during the meeting. “Public comment” portions of meetings will be temporarily suspended.
3. However, the public will be provided with alternative access through which they can watch or listen to meetings “in real time,” and meeting notices will specify the manner in which members of the public may access audio or video of the meeting as it is occurring.
4. If, despite our best efforts, our technological capabilities do not adequately support public access to virtual or remote meetings, the City of North Adams will ensure that an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of the proceedings at the meeting is posted on the City of North Adams website as soon as possible after the meeting.
5. Notices for public hearings will contain additional information about how the public may participate via electronic/technological means.
6. For executive session meetings, public access to the meeting will be limited to the open session portion(s) of the meeting only. Public access to any audio, video, internet or web-based broadcast of the meeting will be discontinued when the public body enters executive session.
7. Where individuals have a right, or are required, to attend a public meeting or hearing, including executive session meetings, they will be provided with information about how to participate in the meeting/hearing remotely.