|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
Traffic Commission MeetingMay 20, 2019
Meetings & Notices
NORTH ADAMS TRAFFIC COMMISSION
10 Main Street
North Adams, MA 01247
May 16, 2019
The North Adams Traffic Commission will meet on Monday May 20, 2019 at 6PM in the City Hall Council Chambers
1. Accept the minutes of the April Meeting
2. Follow-up concerning metered parking on the East side of Ashland
3. New item submitted from Gail Burda concerning a line of sight issue in the area of Olds Street and Demond Avenue
May 20, 2019
Meeting Called to Order: 6:02pm
1. Motion to Approve April Meeting Minutes, motion second, all in favor. Motion passed.
2. Follow Up- Metered Parking on the East Side of Ashland Street- Dave Sacco gave recap of original concern-Amanda read emails from MA DOT:
• Per section 3B of the MUTCD, parking spaces must be at least 20’ back from crosswalks at unsignalized intersections.
• As for the lane configurations, there is no simple answer. The Traffic Section advises that a traffic engineer be hired to perform a traffic study to determine what effects any changes to the lane configuration would have on safety and capacity along Ashland Street.
• You need to look at the intersection as a whole, for capacity, level of service, width, right of way, crash data, turning movements, etc.
• You need to get an engineering study to do an assessment and make that determination.
Motion: recommend to City Council to add 7 metered parking spaces to the east side of Ashland St. with 100’ Summer St. and 20’ set back from Quincy St. cross walks, motion seconded, 1 opposed and 4 in favor. Motion passed.
3. Sight Issue in the areas of Olds St. and Demond Ave.- Dave Sacco read communication. The City has code enforcement on site lines and height of fences, shrubs, etc near intersections. M.King made a motion: recommendation to send to Code Enforcement (Mark Bushee), seconded, all in favor. Motion passed.
Next Meeting Date: 6/10/19-6pm-City Hall
Meeting Adjourned: 6:31pm
Respectfully Submitted By: Amanda Chilson, Secretary