|HOME : MEETINGS AND NOTICES
Public Service Committee of the City Council MeetingJuly 10, 2018
Meetings & Notices
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMITTEE OF THE CITY COUNCIL
Tuesday July 10, 2018
The Public Service Committee of the City Council will hold a meeting on Tuesday July 10th at 6:00 pm, at the Department of Public Works Facility, located on Hodges Cross Road.
Council Paper 11,678-borrowing order to purchase fleet vehicles for Public Services and Building/Inspection Services.
Member of Public Service Committee
July 10, 2018 Public Service Committee
Agenda: Fleet Vehicles for Public Services and Inspection Services
Committee Members present:
• Joshua Moran – Chair
• Marie Harpin
• Jason LaForest
• Paul Hopkins
• Tim Lescarbeau, DPW Commissioner
• Tom Bernard, Mayor
Meeting Start: 6:00 pm - Adjourned: 6:50 pm
Location: DPW Facility
Submitted by Joshua Moran, Chair
• 2008 was the last time that 4 DPW F450’s were purchased.
• Last year alone the DPW spent $74,000 in repairs for parts only, not factoring in labor cost.
• The federal standard for truck replacement is 7-8 years.
• Older vehicles are handed down to other departments.
• $425,000 for 8 new vehicles (5 for DPW, 2 for Inspection Services, 1 Building Department).
• New plow trucks will be F550 Diesel (Certified Green Idle) and will get an estimated 9 mpg vs. current F450 which get 3 mpg.
• Trucks come with a 5 year warranty and can be serviced locally.
• The Hyundai Sonata for Inspection Services will be the first hybrid vehicle owned by the City.
• All vehicles should be here by the first of the year.
Motion to recommend the appropriation of $425,000 for Fleet Vehicles for Public Services and Inspection Services. Public Services Committee approved motion 3-0.